Rates – 2012
First Lesson: $40/30 minutes or $60/one hour.
After the first lesson, lessons are scheduled weekly and purchased in monthly packages, prorated for the number of lessons that occur within that month.
e.g., if you wish to take 45 minute lessons on Tuesday evenings, and there are three Tuesdays that occur within the month, then your total for the month would be $150.
At Your Home *limited availability, Brooklyn only
1) Payment must be made before or at the beginning of the student’s first lesson each month.
2) 24-hour cancellation policy. If student cancels less than 24 hours before their lesson time, then student is charged for the lesson. Exceptions (such as family emergencies and illnesses) are left to the teacher’s discretion. If the teacher must cancel, she will also give 24 hours notice.
3) If the student would like to reschedule a lesson and gives 24 hours notice, then the lesson can be rescheduled within 30 days.
4) If a student is late, lesson will end at the scheduled finish time.
5) If the teacher is late, lesson will continue for the full amount of time. If the teacher is, for whatever reason, unable to teach for the full amount of time, then a free half-hour lesson will be given to the student.
What is your teaching philosophy?
To read about my teaching approach and other information, please go to my lessons page.
What are your teaching hours?
Monday to Friday 11am to 8pm. My busiest hours are 3pm-8pm. I do not teach weekends.
Why do you charge monthly?
By paying monthly for lessons, a student reserves their lesson time in the schedule for the full month. Regardless of whether or not a student shows up, I hold that time for them, sometimes turning down potential clients who are interested in that spot.
Why are lessons scheduled weekly?
Music students find the greatest amount of progress and get the most out of their lesson when they study with a teacher once a week and include a regular practice schedule at home.
Explain your rates.
My rates not only include include a student’s time at their lesson, but also many other factors such as lesson planning, office costs, the cost of piano maintenance, the time I spend advertising and scheduling, etc. I wrote a more detailed article about the cost of music lessons here.
Why Do You Have a 24-Hour Cancellation Policy?
This policy is simply meant to encourage students to communicate with me in regards to their schedule and illnesses. If a student cancels less than 24 hours ahead of their lesson time, then I will be unable to fill that time with any other students.
- "How I hope to stop dreaming better versions of myself." Creative acoustic rehearsal today. http://t.co/AHnGl0hpXj 09:14:40 PM June 06, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Excited to see Hoi Polloi's Shadows. #brooklyntheater @ Jack Theater http://t.co/NgPpmtbvWd 11:58:50 PM May 31, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Russ Kaplan + (7). May 26th, 2013 at Rockwood Music Hall. #jazz @ Rockwood Music Hall http://t.co/aCzl5e3eS2 11:50:24 PM May 26, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RussKaplanPlus: we've been promoted! May 26 show now @RockwoodNYC Stage TWO at 7PM. sweetest lighting and grand piano in town, can't w… 09:02:04 PM May 26, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of our songs on Danny Saber's new album: Long Days (feat. Shadow Pilot). http://t.co/SMFc6Pm9dE #iTunes @shadowpilotband @dannysaber 03:11:23 AM May 12, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SmallDreamAda: We had a great time @entwinenyc on Sunday night. Great photos by @photographyofmw http://t.co/8WI8R2LqJM #nycindie #west… 05:59:34 PM April 30, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SmallDreamAda: Come hang with us tonight! w/ guests @ayoeawosika and Matt Schlatter at Entwine, 7pm. @entwinenyc @coworkerproject #ny… 02:40:12 PM April 28, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SmallDreamAda: New video: "Urge to Cry" live at Rockwood Music Hall. http://t.co/fu27deFBu0 @RockwoodNYC #indierock #lowereastside #ant… 01:53:55 PM April 23, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite