I’ll be performing with Small Dream Ada tonight at Rockwood Music Hall. Songs from our EP, along with new originals.
196 Allen St.
New York, NY
Alaina Ferris (voice)
Pier Luigi Salami (piano)
Matt Schlatter (guitar)
Marty Fowler (bass)
Mike Beck (drums)
Facebook Event Page Here:
So I’ve been MIA from my blog because I’ve been too busy with projects these past few months. However, I’m very pleased to post about a production I just finished up with Van Cougar, a New York Theatre company whose aim is to engage with contemporary oral storystelling. Van Cougar asked myself and Paul Ketchum to Music Direct their production of TUBE.
“The performers are relentlessly skillful and showcase their pliability throughout. And the gorgeous ethereal sounds of musician/singer/composer Alaina Ferris make the experience truly special.”
“Tube is an exploration of human connection through the theatrical convergence of YouTube, one of the grittiest, most pervasive forms of entertainment, and stories shared face-to-face, which are increasingly a rarity in this era where we type and text more than we talk.”
Interviews about TUBE:
Featuring: Martin Brown, Lucy Kaminsky, Derek Loehr, Sam Soghor, Samuel Traylor
Mark Sitko – Director
Chris Morris – Set Designer
David Roy – Lighting Designer
Ásta Hostetter – Costume Designer
Cooper Gardner – Sound Designer
Alaina Ferris – Music Director
Paul Ketchum – Assistant Music Director
Liz Nielsen – Stage Manager
Erica Rippy – Dramaturg
Small Dream Ada is performing in Little Theatre at Dixon Place, September 11th, 7:30pm.
Little Theatre is an OBIE-winning cutting-edge series (theater, dance, music, performance art, media, robotics, animals — serious fun). Curated by Scott Adkins, Rob Erickson, Jeff Jones, Tina Satter & Normandy Sherwood.
Little Theatre at Dixon Place
161 A Crystie St.
Tickets $15. $12/$10 students in advance online.
Performance by Alaina Ferris, , Marty Fowler, Mike Beck, and Matt Schlatter.
written and directed by William Burke
featuring Kate Marvin, Maggie Robinson & Kirsten Hopkins
A piece that features professional Irish Mourners from the turn of
the century celebrating the life and death of a microwave that
turns into a baby. Mostly likely very sad.
SMALL DREAM ADA
Small Dream Ada is an indie chamber band – it bridges orchestral
color with touches of darkly hued jazz and rock. Led by vocalist/poet
Alaina Ferris, the band features compositions by Tyler Gilmore,
Alaina Ferris, and Marty Fowler. Playing with Small Dream Ada is
guitarist Matt Schlatter, bassist Marty Fowler, and drummer Mike Beck.
Small Dream is releasing their debut EP, Golden Propeller — available
on itunes, Amazon, and Spotify September 17th, 2012.
THE BLURRY LINE
by Victor Morales
A performance about time-space and its ghosts
THE LIVING ROOM PROJECT
choreographed and performed by Adam Scher
music: Alan Menken and Howard Ashman
One of a series of short dance pieces documenting the recreation of the
artist’s childhood home video performance.
JACK BUMP — DEAD PLAYWRIGHT
a selection from the oeuvre
tastefully curated and preformed (sic) by Los Curatoreadores del Teatro Pequeño
“The priapic playwright Jack Bump wrote naughty, sexual romps that weren’t
quite coherent, but had a crazy fervor, a cross between Benny Hill and Harold
Pinter, and a large cock was almost always an important character.”
—Jonathan Ames, Paper Magazine
“The first time I saw Jack Bump, I was truly frightened. He was spitting out little
plastic baby dolls and pantomiming sexual acts while dressed like a priest.”
—Erin Courtney, playwright
Small Dream Ada celebrates our EP Release on August 13th, 2012 at 10pm sharp.
Rockwood Music Hall
196 Allen Street NY, NY
Suggested Donation $5.
Performance by Alaina Ferris, Tyler Gilmore, Marty Fowler, Mike Beck, and Matt Schlatter.
First 20 People get a Handmade Woodcut by Alaina, with an Album Download Code.
Limited Edition Silk Screened EPs made by Sire Press, Posters by Scott McCormick of Denver, CO, and more!
Official release is September 17th, 2012.
I’ll be performing tonight in Small Dream Ada with Mike Beck, Matt Schlatter, and Marty Fowler, is performing on July 5th at Tea Lounge in Brooklyn, NY.
837 Union St.
Also featuring a special solo set by our guitarist, Matt Schlatter, starting at 10:30.
- "How I hope to stop dreaming better versions of myself." Creative acoustic rehearsal today. http://t.co/AHnGl0hpXj 09:14:40 PM June 06, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Excited to see Hoi Polloi's Shadows. #brooklyntheater @ Jack Theater http://t.co/NgPpmtbvWd 11:58:50 PM May 31, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Russ Kaplan + (7). May 26th, 2013 at Rockwood Music Hall. #jazz @ Rockwood Music Hall http://t.co/aCzl5e3eS2 11:50:24 PM May 26, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @RussKaplanPlus: we've been promoted! May 26 show now @RockwoodNYC Stage TWO at 7PM. sweetest lighting and grand piano in town, can't w… 09:02:04 PM May 26, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- One of our songs on Danny Saber's new album: Long Days (feat. Shadow Pilot). http://t.co/SMFc6Pm9dE #iTunes @shadowpilotband @dannysaber 03:11:23 AM May 12, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SmallDreamAda: We had a great time @entwinenyc on Sunday night. Great photos by @photographyofmw http://t.co/8WI8R2LqJM #nycindie #west… 05:59:34 PM April 30, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SmallDreamAda: Come hang with us tonight! w/ guests @ayoeawosika and Matt Schlatter at Entwine, 7pm. @entwinenyc @coworkerproject #ny… 02:40:12 PM April 28, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @SmallDreamAda: New video: "Urge to Cry" live at Rockwood Music Hall. http://t.co/fu27deFBu0 @RockwoodNYC #indierock #lowereastside #ant… 01:53:55 PM April 23, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite